15 March 2009

Let's see who happens across this shall we...

Hello readers of the outside world!

If you just happened upon this then good on ya cause then my experiment was successful.  For some reason I felt the need to start a blog of sorts, without any advertising and see how long it takes someone to find it and if you have then it worked.  Have a Xanga, probably will shut it down like Guantanamo Bay because it's got all sorts of crap floating around and whatnot so let's try something different. Be forewarned, I do have a tendency to leave out words in my sentences. Not on purpose of course, it just happens. My brain works faster than my fingers so forgive me, I shall try to remember to proof before publishing. So.  Here I sit, with questions floating around in my brain and I figure what is the harm in posing them to the masses.  I'll use this place as a sounding board for thoughts, ideas, observations of life, photographs and probably just sheer ridiculousness.

Question of the day- How do you know you're passionate about something?

This is something that has been driving me crazy.  I think that a passion is something that has a significant pull on you, that may even influence your decisions in some capacity.  Something that you can't picture your life without.  You may not be pursuing it as fully as you wish but you're at least working with it somehow.  Everyone has likes.  Things they like to do, people they like to be with etc.  Don't get me wrong you can have more than one passion and I do believe they take different forms.  But a passion is something more than just a "like."  Take myself.  I like to cook.  I dare to say that I love to cook.  I find it fun, I enjoy when people like my food, plus it gives a great sense of accomplishment. However, I could never make a career out of it.  I don't feel the need to pursue it full steam ahead.  Plus I think I'd get sick of it, despite my strong intrigue of working in a fast paced kitchen.  Here's my dilemma.  I can't recognize a passion in my life.  I can see myself doing 80 different things and others can see me doing 80 different things.  I like doing many things from acting to photography to saving the world to even med. school.  But I don't feel that driving force towards anything.  Something is amiss and I do not know what it is.  It's as frustrating as hell and I don't know where to go from here.  All I've got so far is that I need to be helping people, impacting society in some way but do you know how many avenues you could take to accomplish that?? HUNDREDS!  I have a strong belief that you should be doing something you enjoy or at least have something that you're working towards that you enjoy to supplement whatever else it is you're doing that may suck, so that life is more bearable.  I mean how does one continue to live like this?  Obviously I'm missing something.  Not sure what it is though.  It may be something so obscure that I need my people to help me see it.  Or it may be as simple as letting God more into my life and hopefully pointing the way.  I don't know but I do know this.  I need some hardcore intellectual stimulation like more education or something.

Anyways, ponder that.  And again if you have found this. Congratulations.  I'll mail you a cookie for your accomplishment.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take my cookie w/ chocolate chips. Yes please thank you ;>)

    (Seriously. Never promise a Getty a cookie and then fail to deliver. People could get hurt.)

    ReplyDelete