18 March 2009

Pour me a tall glass of some live music...


Live music gets me high.

It always has.  Always will.  Unless it's bad...cause that will just ruin your weekend.  But if it's good then we're in business.  Endorphins released by exercise and all that crap yea doesn't work on me.  I work out and afterwards I'm like "yea that was fun I guess."  I go to a concert however and I am a happy camper for the next 3 days.  If I go to more than one in a week than whooooa Buddy!  I could just die happy.  There is nothing like being at a performance and hearing the music happening right then.  CDs are great and all but there's just an energy all around, especially if everyone else is getting into it, that matches no other.  I understand that people may not necessarily be "concert" people and stuff and it's understandable. Some concerts, particularly arena concerts are a bit pricy and can be fairly long especially if there are multiple openers.  If it's a smaller venue, chances are everyone is standing and packed in tight.  I get that, trust me.  I tend to get a bit claustrophobic in large crowds if I'm not outside.  But my love for concerts trumps that.  I have yet to meet someone however, that does not like live music.  If I ever do I think I would have to walk away quickly as to not smack them until they came to their senses.  That I will never wrap my head around.  I will go seek out live music and bands that I like by myself and go enjoy by myself but I do prefer to go with people but only if I know said people will enjoy themselves.  If they won't then don't bother coming. 
 
Being a good performer is key to a good concert.  I've been to concerts that sucked from bands that I liked cause they didn't put on a good show like Lifehouse.  Metallica, Mae and The Script are the 3 concerts I've been to recently and they are good performances.  If the band is going crazy on stage it makes me wanna go crazy in the audience and sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that feels like that while watching a show.  All of these other people are just standing around watching, rocking a little bit, boppin' a little bit but not really getting into the music.  So my self-conscious side comes out and I don't go as crazy as I'd like to.  Live just makes me wanna jump, head-bang, skank, dance, whatever.  And it gets on my nerves for some reason when people are just standing around.  I think bands should do two shows.  One that is a regular show for whoever and one that is strictly for going crazy, singing along.  Basically just for those who wanna go all out buckwhilin' crazy!  That would be pretty sweet.  And then drinks with the band afterwards if it's a small venue :-).  
 
I think it would be cool to be in a band and perform in front of people and traveling around the country in a van and stuff.  It would suck sometimes but I think it would be really fun.  Because you would be performing music in front of lots of people who just wanna have a good time.  And if it's good music? Big Plus.  :sigh: I think I've found my calling...



No comments:

Post a Comment